More investors are seen investing in Cambodia, both in import / export and also foreign direct investment with steady growth. Cambodia has undergone much change from a third world country to a urbanized kingdom, mainly from government pro-business policies which attracts the influx of foreign investors and MNCs.
Few possible reasons for the tremendous growth in phnom penh, Cambodia.
- Strong GDP Growth : Cambodia has experience high GDP growth since 1999 with an average of 8%.
- Young and Value for money workforce : Workforce remains lowest in Asia and most of them are now literacy.
- Political Stability : with Prime Minister Hun Sen in power since 1985.
- Pro Business and Investment Policy : No Capital Gain Tax, attractive investment incentives and 100% foreign ownership.
- Increase Trade Integration : Part of ASEAN member which offers duty free or preferential export to region and other Countries
- 1st Mover Advantage : As Cambodia starts to open up for foreign, its open a first mover advantage as compared to other South East Asia countries which is still developing or is already developed. It thus presents a last investment frontier in the region.